Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
4. Search History and Combining Searches
As we continue to Search in Ovid, our previous searches will be displayed in the Search History. Theses sets of results from previous searches in your Search History can be combined with the operators OR and AND to provide the most relevant papers.
Steps: Combine Subject Heading and Keyword Searches
- Start in the Search History
- In your saved searches, check the boxes for both
- the subject heading search (brain injuries, traumatic or brain concussion)
- the keyword search (concussion* or brain injur*)
- Combine with the operator OR:
- Click OR
- OR will return the results from both our keyword search and the results from our subject heading search, to create one big set. Note: Duplicates will automatically be removed.
- Your combined search #3 will be saved in your Search History as: 1 or 2
ACTIVITY: Combine your searches
1. Follow steps 1-4 above to combine your first 2 searches for the P, or first, concept with OR
Video Demo: Medline (Ovid) Search History