Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- A guide to the Indian tribes of the Pacific Northwest / Robert H. Ruby, John A. Brown, and Cary C. Collins (2010 online, also print)
- Encyclopedia of native tribes of North America / Michael G. Johnson (2014)
- Indigenous languages of the Americas : a bibliography of dissertations and theses / by Robert Singerman (1996)
- Dictionary of Native American literature / Andrew Wiget, editor (1994 online, also print)
- Annotated bibliography of British Columbia Indian languages: selected literature and current research (1971)
- Languages of Native People,
- Canadian Encyclopedia, Indigenous Languages in Canada(online)
- First Peoples' Cultural Council. (2014). Report on the status of B.C. First Nations languages 2014 (2nd -- ed.). Brentwood Bay, B.C: First Peoples' Cultural Council.
- First Peoples' Cultural Council. (2014). Report on the status of B.C. First nations Languages 2014 . Brentwood Bay, B.C: First Peoples Cultural Council.
- First Peoples' Heritage, Language & Culture Council (2010). Report on the status of B.C. First Nations languages 2010. (2010) First Peoples' Heritage, Language and Culture Council.
Select Books on Native Languages and Translation
The following books are highlighted for their broad overview. For further resources, search under the subject heading Indians of North America--Languages or under the individual names of languages.