To find peer-reviewed articles in the engineering literature the best places to search are:
- Compendex Engineering Village
- Web of Science
*Note: You will need to login with your CWL to access these databases if you are off-campus.
UBC Library also provides access to many databases and indexes, which work as specialized search engines. These various resources are outlined on the following Library Research Guides for sub-disciplines of engineering:
How to locate articles online and in print:
- For most journal articles, you will be able to click on the 'UBC eLInk' in order to access the PDF online.
- If you are trying to find an article or book based on a reference to it, try searching for the article or book by title in Summon.
- If you cannot locate the PDF, the Library may have the article in print on the shelves, either in Kelowna or Vancouver. You can order articles that are in print in Vancouver through the Library's Document Delivery service. *Note: There is no charge for deliveries between Vancouver and Kelowna for UBC students.
- If UBC Library does not have a copy of the journal article, book chapter, or conference proceeding, you can order a copy through the Library's InterLibrary Loan service.