Join the UBC Seed Lending Library for an Earth Day celebration. “Borrow” a few seeds to get your garden started, enjoy a storytime performance and family friendly planting activities. Borrow picture books and gardening books from the UBC Library pop-up collection. Everyone is welcome to attend this free event.
Do you have seeds to share? The Seed Lending Library is accepting your non-hybrid, open-pollinated seeds to support our collection. Both saved seed and purchased seeds are welcome!
Welcome to the UBC Seed Lending Library! We are open to everyone, and we're located in two locations; Woodward Library and the Education Library on the Vancouver campus. The UBC Seed Lending Library allows anyone to "borrow" seeds free of charge, and provides opportunities to learn about gardening, seed saving, and agricultural research and teaching at UBC.
Thank you to our partner, UBC Farm, for their support of the UBC Seed Lending Library!
Our seeds come from borrowers who kindly return seeds at the end of the growing season as well as donations from the UBC Farm and West Coast Seeds, and a UTown@UBC grant which helped us to purchase seeds from the BC Eco Seeds Co-op.
Contact us at: email@example.com
- Develop seed stock that is well suited to local growing conditions
- Preserve heritage and biodiversity
- Save money by growing your own food from the seeds you save
- Contribute to a community effort to preserve and use local seed varieties growing and sharing seeds
- Learn about seeds and seed saving
- Create a culture of sustainability and self-reliance in your community