Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Secondary Sources - Articles
To find articles listed on a bibliography, follow the step by step instructions ont his guide: Journal Articles
To search for articles on a topic, use an article index:
- Bibliography of Asian Studies
More than 700,000 records for western-language materials on all subjects pertaining to East, Southeast, and South Asia published worldwide since 1971
- Asia-Studies Full-text Online
The premier database for the study of the Asia-Pacific region. Thousands of full-text reports on business, government, economic, social and cultural topics. Use Asia-Studies Humanities to limit your search to information about arts, culture, history, language, literature, philosophy, and religion
- Historical Abstracts
World history from 1450 to the present excluding Canada and the United States
- MLA International Bibliography
Produced by the Modern Language Association of America, this database indexes articles written in English and other European languages on literature, folklore and language. Includes articles on Japanese literature, Japanese literature in translation, etc.
Material in these two databases are typically indexed elsewhere, i.e. in the article indexes listed above.
- JSTOR Deep backfiles of over 1600 academic journals spanning 50 disciplines; for many titles, the most recent 5 years are not included.
- Project Muse Full-text access to content from 120 not-for-profit publishers. Searches search the full text of books and journal articles.